This policy is one of the terms and conditions under which a booking is accepted. By placing a booking with us you and this company both accept this policy. All parties involved agree to abide by the terms and conditions included herein. The current policy statement is published on our web site and in other locations from time to time.
The goal of this policy is to protect the privacy of all parties involved and to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1988 (as amended). The 13 overarching Australian Privacy Principals enacted in 2012 (Enhancing Privacy Protection) are central to this policy statement.
Australian Privacy Principles
APP1 – CONSIDERATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY
- We collect a minimum of private information to identify the primary contact person concerned (the client) so that we may communicate with them when required.
- Credit cards details are taken as part of this information to assure a booking – the card will only be charged as detailed in our policy documents and authorised by the client.
- All information collected is stored in our “Reservation Management System” (RMS) only. The system is secured by password and full system security. Access is only granted to “authorised” corporate personal. The information contained therein will not be divulged to anyone without the express permission of the client concerned.
- The client may gain access to the information held by Stawell Park Caravan Park (the Park) at any time and the Park undertakes to take all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy and security of the information held.
APP2 – ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMITY
- Individuals may chose to identify themself by a pseudonym or other form of ID if they wish.
APP3 – COLLECTION OF SOLICITED PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Park obtains a minimum of personal information necessary directly from the client concerned or via a number of on-line booking systems and Booking Agents.
- Any information in excess of the fundamental requirements will not collected unless required and express permission has been gained from the client in advance.
APP4 – DEALING WITH UNSOLICITED PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Park will not retain any un-necessary unsolicited information. The Park will ensure that such information will be removed from our records within a reasonable period of time.
APP5 – NOTIFICATION OF THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In the case of direct (in person) collection of personal information the client will be made aware that this information will be recorded against the booking in our RMS system.
- In the case of agency bookings, the Park will send written acknowledgement of the booking, usually be email.
APP6 – USE OR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- No information collected will be disclosed to anyone without express permission of the client or specifically required by the Act.
- The information collected will only be used by authorised employees of the Park for the specific purpose of its
Issued: June 2014 – revise: Feb 2016
APP7 – DIRECT MARKETING
- The Park will not divulge any personal information for direct marketing purposes.
APP8 – CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Park will not disclose any information to any external entity or body, except as required by the act.
APP9 – ADOPTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF GOVERNMENT RELATED IDENTIFIERS
- No adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers will be undertaken by the Park except where this is prescribed the regulations.
APP10 – QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All practical steps will be taken to insure the information held is accurate and correct.
- The client will be allowed access to the information when requested and may edit and correct any errors.
APP11 – SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Park will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information.
APP12 – ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF, PERSONAL INFORMATION
- As stated in APP10 above, the client will be allowed access to the information when requested. The client may edit any information and correct any errors.
APP13 – CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- As stated above, the client will be allowed access to the information when requested.
- The client may edit any information, add any reasonable comment and correct any errors.